Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] packet replay service monitoring

Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 15:14:56 -0800
Hello,

I have several services that I want to monitor to see if they are responding. I'm wondering if there are any good tools that would use a wireshark capture to replay a sequence of packets and capture the results to a file, for comparison to the original capture - the idea being to test if a server is responding correctly to a given query and send an alert if it fails. Ideally this would be a linux tool, but anything that works, or a server monitoring package that has this feature would be helpful.

Thanks,

Joel