Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] LUA Support (API Example code)

From: Shikhar K <awadhesh.usa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 12:42:10 -0500
Hi,

I am developing the wireshark plug-in to dissect the packets. I need to parse the byte message which contains the 3 sub-messages.

a. message version (3 bits),
b. message length (2 bits)  and
c. magic number( 3 bits).

I didn't find any specific API to read the message bit by bit. Can you give me the link of API(s) with example code. I have to parse the messages bit by bit and byte by byte.

Thanks
Awadhesh.