Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing 802.11 RSSI and TX Rate Values Using Ubuntu Linu

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:49:37 -0800

On Jan 5, 2009, at 9:00 AM, Tal Rusak wrote:

    I was using
ifconfig wlan0 down
iw dev wlan0 interface add mon0 type monitor
ifconfig mon0 up

which was working as desired for a while. However, now I am only picking
up packets of type "Other" when sniffing on mon0.

What do you mean by "packets of type "Other""?

Did you install any Ubuntu updates between the time when it was working and the time when it wasn't? (They certainly seem to publish updates often enough, although most of them won't matter - just kernel and driver updates would matter here.)