Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] RIP vs Ping

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:40:03 -0800
Stephen Fisher wrote:

>>  Case2. What will happen if the RIP is enabled on R1 and am trying to
>>  ping R2 from lapA?
>
> Same as above.

Turning on RIP is also a cheap way to make sure that on-demand connections stay
nailed up. This is probably less relevant today than it was 10 or 15 years ago.

--
Join us for Sharkfest’09  |  Stanford University, June 15 – 18
http://www.cacetech.com/sharkfest.09/

EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNTS through JANUARY 31, 2009