Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] mpeg2ts dissector -??

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:45:49 -0500
Victor lyamtsev wrote:
Hello,
I wonder if there's working mpeg2ts over UDP dissector available ( and
where can I get it) ?
-Thanks,
-v

Looking at the code, the current Wireshark (1.0.5) can dissect mpeg2ts over UDP.

Wireshark will attempt to detect that a capture is MP2TS over UDP heuristically (by examining the UDP capture data) or "Analyze ! Decode As" can be used to configure Wireshark to decode a specific UDP port in a specific capture as MP2TS.

(See epan/packet-mp2t.c)