Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] [Problem] - Java + Wireshark + Vista

From: "Joao Antunes" <joao.antunes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:13:22 +0100
Hi fellow wiresharkers!

I'm doing a program in Java, using java.nio.channels.SocketChannel for tcp communication, that uses the MSRP protocol  and henceforth i gladly found out that wireshark supports the recognition of this protocol.

So i was planning on validating some things by looking at the traffic done by my app, but I found out that by some unknown reason the traffic i generate doesn't get captured by wireshark.
I figured that most of you could have had this problem already, so i decided to wrote this e-mail.

Both sockets of the communication are bound to the IP of my LAN Card, and i'm using that interface to capture in wireshark, but still no results. (Tested both in promiscuous and non promiscuous mode).

I'm using windows vista business and JDK 1.6

Thanks in advance,
João Antunes