Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] [Problem] - Java + Wireshark + Vista

From: "Abhik Sarkar" <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:10:29 +0400
Hi Joao,

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Joao Antunes
<joao.antunes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Both sockets of the communication are bound to the IP of my LAN Card, and
> i'm using that interface to capture in wireshark, but still no results.
> (Tested both in promiscuous and non promiscuous mode).
When both IPs are bound on a LAN card on your host, the messages will
loop inside the TCP stack and not reach the card. You need to follow
the instructions here: http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/Loopback
to be able to capture messages which don't leave the system.

HTH
Abhik.