Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] iptv multicast stream

From: "Jake Peavy" <djstunks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:16:53 -0600
On 3/31/08, Marty Sørensen <buzzwork@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Im trying see if WireShark supports iptv multicast streams to analyse, just like on VoIP RTP streams.
http://wiki.wireshark.org/Multicast_streams

The stream show's 10sec of public tv, non crypted, played with VLC but cant see anything in WireShark :-/
http://martin.damberg.person.emu.dk/iptv/DR1.pcap

Is this supported at all ? maybe in the future ? Looking desperately after something, opensource and free, to analyse on iptv
multicast streams after bugs/freezes and etc.

IPTV is simply UDP- or RTP-encapsulated MPEG2_TS, so yes, Wireshark can see the packets.

Perhaps your setup is incorrect.

--
-jp

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don't know what your rights are, or who the person is you're talking to. Then on the way out, slam the door.

deepthoughtsbyjackhandy.com