Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] V1.0.0pre1 & MIB Files

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 01:32:37 +0100
Hi,

Yes, the old dependancy on Net-SNMP has been dropped. I.s.o. that libsmi has been introduced. You can configure it where it needs to look (the one button) and what it needs to look for (the other button). A 'standard' collection of MIBs has been provide, the buttons give you the option to get more MIBs in from anywhere in your filesystem.

Current description isn't up to date, the wiki needs some attention in that matter.

Thanx,
Jaap

Keith French wrote:
It looks like in Wireshark V1.0.0pre1 the facility to add other MIBs has been reintroduced. I know someone was working on redoing the SNMP dissector - is this facility operational again? If so is there any documentation on how to do this with the two buttons in the Name Resolution section of the Preferences?