Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to add additional directories containing mibs

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:25:16 +0100
I've just spent the last 1-2 hours trying to figure out how to add
additional mibs that are to be used in decoding snmp oids and failed
miserably.
I added two new directories with mibs and want wireshark to use all
mibs located in those directories.
The manpages for wireshark and tshark didn't help. The wiki still
talks about netsnmp and the userguide on the webpage don't seem to
contain any help on this either.

Some more things I noticed when using the uat for moduels/paths:
When clicking the help button, WS tries to access a non-existing online
page and trying to build a local copy of the userguide ended with:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException:
file:/home/jmayer/work/wireshark/svn/trunk/docbook/user-guide-a4.fo:1:12909:
Error(1/12909): No element mapping definition found for (Namespace URI:
"http://xml.apache.org/fop/extensions";, Local Name: "destination")

OK, got it working. For some reason the smi_path value was never saved
(maybe I hit apply instead of OK - well, most likely I did). After that
I needed to add each mib file individually. I think it would be nice
if the uat tool could provide a file requester for requesting file- and
directory-names.

 ciao
    Joerg