Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] end-to-end delay calculation

From: "Jake Peavy" <djstunks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:19:30 -0600
On 3/11/08, Fabiana moreno <fvmoreno@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello there,

I know wireshark is not able to calculate the end-to-end delay of a packet when streaming. I was just wondering if adjusting the clocks of my two computers(sender and receiver) to the network time protocol and having the sniffer at both ends i could calculate the end-to-end-delay tracing each packet. Does this sound logical?

The ntp client already determines network delay to the server in order to most accurately set the time.  Just use that; no need for Wireshark.

--
-jp

One thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse.

deepthoughtsbyjackhandy.com