Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Measuring E-mail Use with WireShark

From: "Antony N. Lord" <antony.lord@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:37:33 +0900
Scenario : We want to know the office bandwidth use (in / out of the building) for e-mail (just as a Mb value). Server (POP3) is external. WireShark running on a machine on an old 100Mb hub with the ADSL modem / link to main switch. Capturing using a rotating file, filtering capture with "port 25 or port 110".

Is this the "best way" or can anyone recommend tweaks or adjustments?

Cheers,

Antony.