Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] [Off topic] EFF used Wireshark in Comcast Investigation

From: "Soh Kam Yung" <sohkamyung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:05:24 +0000
(http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071128-eff-study-reveals-evidence-of-comcasts-bittorrent-interference.html)

=====
EFF study confirms Comcast's BitTorrent interference
By Ryan Paul | Published: November 28, 2007 - 11:26PM CT
Related Stories

The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) has released a report (PDF)
(http://www.eff.org/files/eff_comcast_report.pdf) containing analysis
of Comcast's Internet traffic interference activities. The EFF's study
provides strong evidence that Comcast is using packet-forging to
disrupt peer-to-peer (P2P) filesharing on their network.

According to the report, the EFF used an open-source packet sniffer
called Wireshark to analyze network traffic while attempting to seed
public domain literature on BitTorrent with a Comcast broadband
connection. The tests confirmed that BitTorrent performance was being
selectively degraded by unexpected TCP reset packets. Previous
independent research conducted by the AP is consistent with the
findings published by the EFF.

[...]
=====
--