Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Linksys WPC 54g promiscuous capture on XP-sp2

From: Jack Jackson <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:35:57 -0800
Try turning promiscuous mode off. Newer Intel chipset drivers do not capture anything with promiscuous mode on, but do work with it off.

At 08:04 AM 11/20/2007, Gianluca Varenni wrote:
It's entirely possible that the newer drivers from Linksys do not support
promiscuous mode any more (promiscuous mode is a feature of the miniport
driver for the network card, it's not an OS feature).

Does it fail to go into promiscuous mode or you simply don't capture any
packet?

GV