Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] WSDL / XML support?

From: jacob c <jctx09@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:49:39 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not totally sure I'm following but..  HTTP Reassembly is enabled (checkmarked) under Edit > Prefrences > HTTP if that is what you mean. I am attaching a screenshot so you can see the display window.

The replies do show up as "HTTP Continuation" in Ethereal 0.99.0 but not in Wireshark 0.99.5 which I am currently using so perhaps I don't have an option configured correctly.  Also, even in Ethereal 0.99.0 it does not decode the WSDL information with or without reassembly enabled.. It just shows up as HTTP data but perhaps Wireshark could decode it once I get it configured correctly. -??

Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sep 12, 2007, at 10:10 AM, jacob c wrote:

> Is there WSDL support in the current version of wireshark? I have a
> problem that bit for me quite a while because the analyzer didn't
> decoded the WSDL/XML data. It is just displayed as TCP data
> generically.

The packet you display appears to be in the *middle* of what I assume
is an HTTP reply. The problem isn't that there's no WSDL support, the
problem is that it's not even being dissected as HTTP.

If HTTP reassembly isn't enabled, that packet should just be dissected
as an "HTTP continuation" or something such as that by the HTTP
dissector.

If HTTP reassembly *is* enabled, and the reassembly completed
successfully, then the packet containing the *last* TCP segment
should, along with all the previous data in the HTTP reply, be
dissected as an HTTP reply.

Do you have HTTP reassembly enabled?