Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] WSDL / XML support?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:25:15 -0700

On Sep 12, 2007, at 10:10 AM, jacob c wrote:

Is there WSDL support in the current version of wireshark? I have a problem that bit for me quite a while because the analyzer didn't decoded the WSDL/XML data. It is just displayed as TCP data generically.

The packet you display appears to be in the *middle* of what I assume is an HTTP reply. The problem isn't that there's no WSDL support, the problem is that it's not even being dissected as HTTP.

If HTTP reassembly isn't enabled, that packet should just be dissected as an "HTTP continuation" or something such as that by the HTTP dissector.

If HTTP reassembly *is* enabled, and the reassembly completed successfully, then the packet containing the *last* TCP segment should, along with all the previous data in the HTTP reply, be dissected as an HTTP reply.

Do you have HTTP reassembly enabled?