Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capture all outbound traffic at the router

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:31:42 +0200
Hi,

Just curious, what command line so you use? And what output does it give? And what where you expecting?

Thanx,
Jaap

Developer Edoceo wrote:
I have an iptables based router at x.y.z.2 which connects upstream to my gateway router at x.y.z.1.
Hosts on my network are x.y.z.32 to x.y.z.240 or something like that.
Hosts get addresses and such via DHCP which assigns the GW as x.y.z.2

I would like to run ws on .2 to capture all the traffic from all the hosts to the internet. When I execute (Linux command line) I'm not seeing the traffic I expect (i.e. HTTP to google.com <http://google.com>) What I can do? I'm not to sure what phrases/keywords to search for on Google.