Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Setting up a display offset

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:35:50 -0700
Frank Bulk wrote:
It would be good for the community if this particular case was tackled. More generically, I�ve seen a few requests about decoding captures that have specific offsets, perhaps this something that needs to be tackled, too.

Captures probably don't really have specific "offsets"; what they have is a protocol whose headers are a specific *size*. Luis's example uses a dissector, written in Lua, that "dissects" the headers without looking at them.

So what's really wanted is, I think, a way to make it easier to add dissectors.