Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capture Only RTCP

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:22:56 +0200
Les Bowditch wrote:
Good morning,

I�m attempting to capture only RTCP without decoding the protocol, as I have another app doing that. As RTCP does not have a predefined port that is always used, how can I accomplish this?

Well, there's you catch22. You don't want it decoded, but do want to use the knowledge collected by decoding. That requires some clever hacks which can only be made with more detailed info.

Thanx,
Jaap