Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Problem with Wireshark on XP

Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:19:04 -0400
I turned off the promiscuous mode and now it's working. Sorry for all the spam... wireshark.org@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I should add that I'm running with Administrator privileges and that packet capture doesn't work on wireless only. Works fine on ethernet. Thanks. wireshark.org@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi, I have Wireshark 0.99.6 installed on Windows XP SP2. Firewall is on and there's McAfee Virusscan running. Wireshark captures absolutely nothing with WinPcap 4.0.1. With WinPcap 4.1 beta I get an error message that it was unable to put the network interface into promiscuous mode. There is only one active network connection (which I select for capture) which works fine (I can browse the web but nothing shows up in Wireshark). Is there anything I can do?
Thanks,
Dusan