Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] I can't capture any WiMAX messages with Wireshark

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:03:30 -0700
Sergey Antoniuk wrote:

I tried to capture the traffic with Ethereal before I found the Wireshark (now I know that they are the same).
To your questions:

   1. I'm using Wimax network adapter
   2. The OS is Win XP, SP2.

What version of WinPcap did you have when you were capturing with some version of Ethereal? What version are you using now?

What happens if you capture with WinDump? (Use WinDump with "-s 0", to capture the full packet, and with "-w {filename}", so the capture is saved to a binary file; then try reading the file with Wireshark.)

What sort of WiMAX messages were you seeing with Ethereal? Did Ethereal fully dissect them (including dissecting the WiMAX portion of them)?