Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] I can't capture any WiMAX messages with Wireshark

From: Sergey Antoniuk <sergant80@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:13:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Guy.
I tried to capture the traffic with Ethereal before I found the Wireshark (now I know that they are the same).
To your questions:
  1. I'm using Wimax network adapter
  2. The OS is Win XP, SP2.
 I'll be glad to provide more details I just don't know what is relevant.

Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sergey Antoniuk wrote:

> I'm trying to capture WiMAX messages using Wireshark 0.99.6 on Win XP
> and there is nothing. I tried to do the same with Ethereal and i succeed
> to capture WiMAX messages.

"Wireshark" and "Ethereal" are the same application; releases up to
0.99.0 were called "Ethereal", and releases 0.99.1 and later are called
"Wireshark". Were you trying to capture with Ethereal 0.99.0, or an
earlier release?

Are you capturing these on a WiMAX network adapter? On what OS are you
trying to capture?