Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Lua compile problems

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 19:17:03 +0200
can you try --with-lua=/usr/

On 7/9/07, Piers Kittel <mailing@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Jaap and Luis,

> if you use --with-lua=$DIR  check that $DIR/include/lua.h is there and
> that $DIR/lib/liblua.a is there as well.
>
> hint$ find /usr/ -name '*lua.*'

> You've forced the configure script into thinking it can build with Lua
> support. It can't until you install a package that provides
> liblua5.1-dev . In short: you need the Lua development package in order
> to build applications with Lua interpreter.

liblua5.1-dev is already installed:

piers@akane:/usr/include/lua5.1$ ls
lauxlib.h  luaconf.h  lua.h  lua.hpp  lualib.h
piers@akane:/usr/include/lua5.1$

and

akane:/home/piers# dpkg -l | grep lua
ii  liblua5.1-0                      5.1.1-2                         Simple, extensible, embeddable programming l
ii  liblua5.1-0-dev                  5.1.1-2                         Simple, extensible, embeddable programming l
ii  liblua50                         5.0.3-2                         Main interpreter library for the Lua 5.0 pro
ii  liblualib50                      5.0.3-2                         Extension library for the Lua 5.0 programmin
ii  lua50                            5.0.3-2                         Small embeddable language with simple proced
akane:/home/piers#

Thanks very much for your help again.

Regards - Piers