Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to configure a ZD1211B wireless stick to monitor mode on W

From: "Bruno Tavares" <lopes_sma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 03:28:18 +0000
I there guys!
Need some help doing an audit to my wireless network.
Is it possible to use a ZD1211B chip based wireless stick in monitor or promiscuous mode with Wireshark 0.99.5? If not with Wireshark is there any protocol analyzer that supports this stick in monitor mode?

I've searched the web and the most recent post say this stick supports monitor mode:
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/zd1211rw
http://www.reactivated.net/weblog/archives/2006/05/zd1211-news/

I use Fedora 7 and I installed this stick just by updating F7 and reboting.
I run Linux 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7, with libpcap version 0.9.5.

Using Wireshark I configured my interface wmaster0 to capture in promiscuous mode but i get nothing else than probe requests and no filter is configured.

Any ideas

Please explain everything so i can follow it step by step because i'm a newbie and a total noob with Linux...