Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] a question about "Raw packet data", message: No links data

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:52:13 -0700
Guy Harris wrote:

It means we couldn't come up with a better name for it. :-)

It might make more sense to have the dissector for "raw IP" not put anything into the protocol tree, and just call the IPv4 or IPv6 dissector. It would mean that if a file format that supported multiple link layer types supported "raw IP", you couldn't filter directly for "raw IP" packets, but I'm not sure that'd matter.