Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] capturing msn web cam traffic with wireshark.
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:40:35 -0700
On Apr 17, 2007, at 5:41 PM, Wonkyun*^^* Lee wrote:

I am trying to capture traffic using Msn messenger, espec. with web cam.
You're trying to capture traffic with a webcam?  You mean by, for
example, pointing a webcam at the screen while Wireshark is doing a
live traffic capture, to display what Wireshark is showing? :-)
Or do you mean you're trying to capture network traffic being put onto
the network by a webcam?
Is there any way that i can capture video codec, or video traffic?

some kind of frame rate or something..

I also tried with Skype, but i cannot find the way to do it..
You can capture *any* sort of network traffic with Wireshark.

Whether Wireshark can *dissect* that traffic, and show it as anything other than raw hex data, is another matter.
And, even if it can dissect it, it won't display it as video.
Wireshark's a network analyzer, not a video player, although some
dissectors might support saving the contents of a video stream within
a capture in some video format, just as it can save some VoIP traffic
in an audio format.
What *exactly* is it you're trying to do here?