Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wireshark ssl decryption for dummies

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:37:12 +1000
can you try to put the key file in the same directory as the trace
and specify the key file without a path :
127.0.0.1,3700,data,server.key

On 9/13/06, Andrew Schweitzer <a.schweitzer.grps@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
Andrew Schweitzer wrote:
> ronnie sahlberg wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>try:
>>127.0.0.1,3700,data,e:\keys\server.key
>>

> That worked better. Wireshark now knows it's looking at SSL and parses
> the SSL header... but it doesn't seem to decrypt the data. Any
> suggestions on how to debug this?

PS, when I download and extracted the sample capture from the wiki
( http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures?action="">)
and used
127.0.0.1,443,http,/path/to/snakeoil2.key, I get the same
result, no decryption... or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I
suspect I'm doing something obvious wrong.