Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wireshark ssl decryption for dummies

From: Andrew Schweitzer <a.schweitzer.grps@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:18:00 -0400
Andrew Schweitzer wrote:
ronnie sahlberg wrote:

[snip]

try:
127.0.0.1,3700,data,e:\keys\server.key

That worked better. Wireshark now knows it's looking at SSL and parses the SSL header... but it doesn't seem to decrypt the data. Any suggestions on how to debug this?

PS, when I download and extracted the sample capture from the wiki
(http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=snakeoil2.tgz)
and used 127.0.0.1,443,http,/path/to/snakeoil2.key, I get the same result, no decryption... or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I suspect I'm doing something obvious wrong.