Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] website log

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:29:51 -0700
Tony Reinke wrote:

Is there a good way to filter wireshark to only capture the website that either one machine/ip or all machines/ips is/are going to?

If you know all the IP addresses or host names for that website (note that it might have a different server serving up images, for example), you could try a capture filter such as

	host host1 or host host2 or host host3 or...

where "host1", "host2", etc. are the host names or IP addresses of the hosts in question.

If you want to capture only the traffic to or from one machine, do

	host {that machine} and (host host1 or host host2 or host host3 or...)