Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] pipeline failed

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 13:16:09 -0700
On 10/28/21 12:29 PM, Zoran Bošnjak wrote:
Hello wireshark developers,
please advice how do I reproduce the pipeline build failure in local environment.

In particular, this one:
https://gitlab.com/zoranbosnjak/wireshark/-/pipelines/397393242

The following problems are reported on merge request:

1. Checking cache for Code Checks + Clang Warnings-master...
FATAL: file does not exist
I have no idea, which file does not exist.

The file that doesn't exist is GitLab CI's job cache[1]. The job cache lets you share files between builds, and many of our jobs use it to store ccache data. I'm not sure why it prints a red "FATAL" message; it's not fatal. Other than disabling the cache it's not something we have direct control over.

2. GCC warnings
Based on error output, I have found some unit tests that indeed fail and I will try to fix them. But I am getting a different error locally.
I would appreciate an exact command, to reproduce the same error.

The relevant errors are near the bottom on line 62 and 63:

----
License 'UNKNOWN' for 'tools/asterix/update-specs.py' is not allowed.
License 'UNKNOWN' for 'tools/asterix/README.md' is not allowed.
FAILED
----

The first failure is valid. You should add an "SPDX-License-Identifier:" line to update-specs.py. The second failure is a false positive. A fix for that is inbound in MR 4889.

[1]https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/caching/