Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Siemens S7Comm-Plus protocol support

From: Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 22:35:43 +0200

You could:

        go to the code tab at https://sourceforge.net/p/s7commwireshark/code/HEAD/tree/;

        clone the repository;

        download the Wireshark 3.4.7 source, so the Wireshark header files are available, if you haven't done so already;

        run the tools/macos-setup.sh script in the Wireshark source tree, so the header files for the support libraries are available, if you haven't done so already;

        make sure you have Xcode installed;

        build it;

        install it in the appropriate directory;

but we don't have a tutorial on doing that, so you'd have to figure it out yourself or keep asking questions.

Another semi-automated way, without setting up a local build system is:
- fork the github wireshark repo (github.com/wireshark/wireshark)
- clone locally, create a new branch, manually incorporate the dissector, push the new branch
- the github workflow for macos compiles the branch including the dissector and creates binary distribution for it.
IT *should* give you a working mac bin package, despite I've never tested it. However if it works, it gives you a dmg without the hassle of a local build env.