Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Siemens S7Comm-Plus protocol support

From: "Brett D. Rasmussen" <brett.rasmussen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 06:16:50 +0000
Hello.

I have a question regarding support for the Siemens "s7comm-plus" protocol.

I'm currently running Wireshark 3.4.7 on a Mac system.  (3.4.7 is the latest version on the Mac)

My copy of Wireshark does not yet include the "s7comm-plus" dissector/plugin.
(Standard "s7comm" protocol support is included in release 3.4.7.)

Another developer, out on SourceForge.com, has indicated that Wireshark plugin support for the "s7comm-plus" is available out on SourceForge here:

Will support for the "s7comm-plus" protocol be added to the pre-compiled Wireshark download at some point in the future?

Or, is there a method for adding s7comm-plus support to my current Wireshark installation?

Thanks,

Brett Rasmussen
Cyber Security Researcher
Supporting the CISA Advanced Analytical Lab

Phone: (208) 526-5486
Fax: (208) 526-6173
Email: Brett.Rasmussen@xxxxxxx