Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Fwd: ASN.1 UDP-based dissector development for Wireshark

From: Vincent Randal <vtrandal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 11:57:08 -0600
Hi all,

At last, Wireshark is parsing packets as myfoo packets as shown in the screenshot below. So then that implies the dissector is working to a large degree. Yes? But the ASCII representation to the right of the raw packet data looks wrong in the bottom window. Maybe there's a problem in the dissector that is throwing that off? Or does Wireshark display the ASCII form of the raw data without help from the dissector? How is it correct for other dissectors?

Vincent

image.png