Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Apple M1 transition for Wireshark build process

From: chuck c <bubbasnmp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 09:41:49 -0600
This question was about getting a pre-compiled binary:

but the bigger question is how does the transition to M1 affect developers?

Is it possible to get a new M1 machine and build for both processor architectures?
Does it matter for most code changes?

I think Roland mentioned on the developers den he had been working on compiling on the new chip.
Are there enough gotchas that are worth a Wiki page/update to dev guide/open issue to track?

thanks
chuckc