Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] [Outreachy] Introduction

From: Joey <jgsal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 03:30:19 +0000 (UTC)
Hi everyone,

I'm Joey Salazar, an Outreachy 2020 applicant certified in CCNA and Linux+, with some experience in C for both private and open source repositories (BIND at https://gitlab.isc.org/Joey), community code reviews, and automated tests in bash. I'd like to contribute to the "Add Git protocol support to Wireshark" project and improve my skills, yet remain open to a different project if that'd be preferable.

I have installed and built git, followed https://git.github.io/General-Microproject-Information/ and checked the sample email thread, as well as the tutorial https://git-scm.com/docs/MyFirstContribution and created the psuh command files here.

After following the https://git.github.io/Outreachy-21-Microprojects/ page I'd like to work on the 'Use test_path_is_* functions in test scripts', and given that Charvi Mendiratta might be working on tests t7101,t7102 and t7201 as per this ml thread, I'd like to check with the group if working on tests t7006 and t7300 would be ok.

In parallel, I'm following https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis/Development/ as suggested through the #git-devel IRC channel and will follow that up with the overview of Git's HTTP protocol in the Pro Git book.

All guidance much appreciated, I'm very looking forward to working together!

Joey