Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] GSoD approved technical writer - community bonding phase

From: Alex Nik <rage.iz.me@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 19:22:12 +0200
Hi, Jaap

On 17 Aug 2020, at 19:08, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 17 Aug 2020, at 16:07, Moshe Kaplan <mosheekaplan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1. The Wireshark manuals are written with docbook. The text is in the wsug_src directory here: https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/tree/master/docbook . Information on submitting patches is available here: https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis/Development/SubmittingPatches

Correction, the manual as written in AsciiDoc, using the AsciiDoctor toolchain: https://asciidoctor.org

The development process is entering a state of flux, due to the pending move from Gerrit to GitLab. Thing will change in the coming time. There’s changes in the descriptions incoming, but it may be a bit turbulent at times.

That’s a good news! I’m pretty much familiar with the asciidoc! I saw the familiar *.adoc files in the repo :D

Thanks,
Jaap