Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Code of Conduct for our community

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 10:06:27 -0700
On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 8:49 AM Uli Heilmeier <zeugs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All,
>
> As discussed in the last Remote Developer Den meeting I see a Code of Conduct (CoC) as helpful for our community.

Why? Nothing is broken at the moment, so nothing needs fixing, AFAICT.

I would suggest the following alternative approach that the Samba team
seems to have adopted:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/How_to_do_Samba:_Nicely

As far as I can recall, there have been no instances of the behavior
the Contributor Covenant seems to protect against, so what is the
point here?

Is someone saying that Wireshark is bad because of harassment on the lists?