Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Discussing my proposal for Google Season of Docs

From: Muhammad Afzal <afzalbaby98@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 16:19:53 +0500
I am reaching out today to discuss my idea coupled with the ones listed over GSoD official site. I am looking forward to adding my experience in Wireshark Official Documentation as follows:

1- Writing a clear and concise history of computer networks and discussing the burning questions like :
a-  What lead us to form computer networks?
  b-  How the first Network was built?
  c-  When and how the internet appeared on the globe?
  d-  How the idea for the world's first website evolved?
  e-  Basic application layer protocols as they aren't officially documented over Wireshark official.

2- Creating mind maps for the basic application layer protocols and a quick guide towards Wireshark by combining the history of Computer Networks.

3- Analyzing Http, SMTP, FTP, and DNS by Wireshark and documenting it properly as some are not documented yet.

It may sound astonishing but the most critical step towards understanding any technology in today's world is knowing how it all actually began.
This little input by me towards Wireshark would help newbies to instantly grab concepts of Application Layer protocols and motivate them to keep going.

Now, if I submit my proposal based upon prior discussion under Google Season of Docs, Would it be acceptable?

Thanks in anticipation.