Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Google Season of Docs [Harsh Mishra]

From: Tomasz Moń <desowin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 20:18:47 +0200
On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 5:13 PM Harsh Bardhan <erbeusgriffincasper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have written a few suggestions in this Mail which I will be focussing on during this Season of Docs and I would be delighted to get your feedback on the same:

1. Preparing Beginner-Friendly Tutorials using a Learning Management Tool like Moodle to help people get started with Wireshark.

This sounds like an extremely big project to me. I don't think this can be done within GSoD timeline.

2. Preparing the tutorials with an intelligent mix of Pictures, Animated GIFs and Videos which would be a pleasure to read and follow.

Sounds a bit out of scope to me.

3. Reorganizing and Cleaning the Documentation which would be easy to follow.

Sounds fine.

4. Including Do's and Dont's for beginners to know about the Best Practices while working with Wireshark.

Sounds fine.

5. Adding a gamified experience by including Quizzes and Development Activities to help people gauge their learning.

In my opinion, this is out of scope.

These enhancements and addition to the WireShark documentation would help people with all the objectives laid down for this year's GSoD. I will also be working towards other issues like removing ambiguity in some part of the documentation and updating the USBPCap website.

I am looking forward to hearing from you on these proposals and how I can improve them before I lay down my final proposal.

Be more specific instead of just writing out headlines. When the application window opens, submit the proposal via Google Seasons of Docs website.