Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to add ilbc library to wireshark CMake?

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 19:54:57 +0000

On 29/12/19 13:46, Jiří Novák wrote:
Hi,

For Ubuntu there is tools/debian-setup.sh that installs optional
packages (as this).
I suggest you to test your change at least on this platform since it's
the most common.
OK. I will try.

Did you make your change compilable without that library? You need some
preprocessor ifdefs for that.
I'm familiar with optional compilation with configure tools, but I'm
lost in CMake... On the other hand I tested it and it is possible to
compile it without library - CMake detects it is not there and do not
compile the code. Therefore it looks I wrote it correctly.

BTW I have no idea where to get iLBC library for Windows and Mac. The
library is open source therefore we can try to compile it, but I don't
know how to incorporate this step/procedure to build of wireshark.

Incorporate step/procedure is:

For Mac: Use Homebrew (/tools/macos-setup-brew.sh) and/or build from source (/tools/macos-setup.sh).

For Windows: Build+package it yourself or convince/bribe someone else to do it for you. ;-) Then it will have to be uploaded to the Wireshark Windows deps repo (see also /tools/win-setup.ps1).