Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to add ilbc library to wireshark CMake?

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 20:52:32 +0100
Hi Jiri,

Le dim. 29 déc. 2019 à 14:47, Jiří Novák <j.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Hi,

> For Ubuntu there is tools/debian-setup.sh that installs optional
> packages (as this).
> I suggest you to test your change at least on this platform since it's
> the most common.

OK. I will try.

> Did you make your change compilable without that library? You need some
> preprocessor ifdefs for that.

I'm familiar with optional compilation with configure tools, but I'm
lost in CMake... On the other hand I tested it and it is possible to
compile it without library - CMake detects it is not there and do not
compile the code. Therefore it looks I wrote it correctly.

BTW I have no idea where to get iLBC library for Windows and Mac. The
library is open source therefore we can try to compile it, but I don't
know how to incorporate this step/procedure to build of wireshark.

https://github.com/ShiftMediaProject/libilbc/releases contains an unofficial port for Windows that we could use.
If you push your WIP patch on Gerrit and provide some sample captures, I can give it a try and amend it with Windows support if it works.

Redhat like systems use version 1.1.1 from 2012 but many other platforms
use latest 2.0.2 from 2014.

> If you push your change as WIP you can add me as reviewer: I have a
> bunch of builders for many platforms. I can help you at least to compile
> it on as many as possible.

OK, thank you for offer. I'm waiting for accepting a few changes it
depends on and then I will push it.

                                                Best regards,

                                                        Jirka Novak