Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] QtCustomPlot: New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for Wire

From: Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 11:09:16 +0200

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 8:24 AM Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jaap

I was in contact with the original developer of QCustomPlot. According to his statement, this warning is a false-positive, as it cannot occur with real numbers.

Maybe I'm wrong but I read

20769           result[i*2+0].setX(valueAxis->coordToPixel(0));

and the issue is within coordToPixel() called with 0. As far as I recall, qcustomplot is "amalgamated" (QCustomPlot uses code amalgamation to generate the single .h/.cpp pair from its source tree). Maybe the error is in the amalgamation routine not the code itself. Just guessing.