Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] German translation issues

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 19:59:24 +0200
Hi

The backport will happen on Sunday in an automated fashion. I will have to take a look why it may not include some items.

There are two reasons why translations are not effective. The first being text entries, which are declared either by dissectors or inside epan.

The main reason why the preference pane did not work, where, that QT_TR_NOOP did not take. I moved the texts inside the class which seemed to do the trick. I will walk through the rest of the application and see if this is also the case in some other places. Right now, there are 13 other instances where QT_TR_NOOP is being used, and I will have to check them individually

cheers
Roland