Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Script extcap on macOS

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 22:22:26 +0200
There seems to be an issue on mac, depending how the original Wireshark binary has been called. It seems to be, that by clicking on the icon, the system python interpreter get's loaded, which most certainly will let your script fail. If you call Wireshark from a console context (by either executing directly or with "open Wireshark.app", it seems to work fine.

Try executing through a login shell and it might work as intended.

cheers
Roland