Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Builds without PCAP fail the unit tests

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 11:45:07 -0800
On Dec 18, 2018, at 11:18 AM, Antoine d'Otreppe <a.dotreppe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Half of my builds, those without PCAP, failed recently on travis during the test step:
> https://travis-ci.org/aspyct/wireshark/builds/469639514

If by "the unit tests" you're referring to the tests in the "test" subdirectory of the source tree, this should not be surprising, given that one of those tests is in test/suite_capture.py, and "capture" means "we test packet capturing".

If we're going to support running the unit tests on builds without libpcap/WinPcap/Npcap, we should have the test suite somehow figure out whether Wireshark was built with the pcap library and only run the capture tests if it was.