Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dealing with aggregated packets

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 08:42:23 +0200
Hello,

W dniu 2018-07-02 22:33, Jeff Morriss napisał(a):
It's an idea that's been tossed around since at least 2006[1].  Someone
(Jakub?) had played around with it but eventually gave up; unfortunately I
can't find the reference to that.

It seems I did one in 2012, https://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201208/msg00200.html

patchset: https://www.wireshark.org/~darkjames/multicols/
screenshot: https://www.wireshark.org/~darkjames/protocolstack.png

looking in 0004 patch, the idea was that every protocol, (or PDU) would
call pinfo->cinfo = add_new_column_set(pinfo, TRUE);

which would create new (sub)row in column list.

[1] https://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200606/msg00147.html

I think the UI presentation is one thing but the next (and equally
important IMO) thing is how the filtering will work.

I am no longer reviewing changes actively, but as far as I know we don't have filtering for columns? Do we?

Jakub.