Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Qt column sorting?

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 23:29:51 +0100
The proxy model should work, but leads to other issues, because of the way we store the data. But it is definitely the way going forward, but as mentioned, I would wait for 3.0, as it could mean (not necessarily, but I would not bet against it) that the underlying model either has to learn things or needs to forget things.

Sorting btw could be easier, but filtering needs the display filter model to be incorporated and this seems to be the main issue

cheers
Roland

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 11:14 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 14, 2018, at 1:24 PM, Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not at the current data model. We store and sort in epan, not in Qt. The later would allow to sort without epan knowing, currently, that is not how it is implemented.
>
> I think this could be changed, would wait for 2.6 or 3.0 though

For example, using a proxy model, as per

        https://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201506/msg00088.html