Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] PLUGINS: Wireshark source code repository path

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 14:31:12 +0100
Yes, it is correct, as stated in the developer page:

However, the master branch of a project is very likely not the be the stable one. At least this is the truth for wireshark. If you want some stable branch, just run

git remote show origin

have a look at master-2.X branches, and take your pick. However, If you're planning to do some development to be included in wireshark, your best bet is to start from master.
Hope it helps.
Dario.