Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Newbie

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 22:10:09 +0200
Hello Peter,

Welcome to the club :)

You’ve made the first important step, building Wireshark itself.
Now you can start by going through the menu’s and see what’s happening there, and relate that to the source code.
Then you may find bits you would like to change/improve. Another source of inspiration can be the bug database. Even if you cannot solve the problem straight away, it’s a good way to study the inner workings of the program.

Enjoy,
Jaap