Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Newbie

From: Ahmad Fatoum <ahmad@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 22:01:57 +0200
Hello Peter,

You could start by implementing/extending a Wireshark dissector for a protocol you use in order to get accustomed to the API.
For example, my first Wireshark-related project was writing a protocol dissector for a game I used to play.
doc/README.developer and doc/README.dissector have some information to get you started.

Cheers,
Ahmad